Grade 9-11 Parents’ coffee break (April 24th, 9:00-10:00 @ MHS library
- The BIFS careers fair
- Two public university fairs
- Student-led conferences (Grade 11)
- 2017-18 University acceptance update
First Global Relay For Life in South Korea
to be held at Busan International Foreign School
Busan, Korea – On Friday, June 8 and Saturday, 9, 2018, South Korea’s first Global Relay For Life will be held at Busan International Foreign School to raise cancer awareness and raise money for Dongnam Institute of Radiological & Medical Sciences in Gijang and the American Cancer Society.
Busan International Foreign School is proud to be the first international partner for Global Relay For Life in South Korea and the second International School to join the Global Relay for Life Movement.
Funds will be raised to support the Dongnam Institute of Radiological & Medical Sciences in Gijang. This hospital has been chosen as the recipient of BIFS Relay for Life fund-raising event, for its work in cancer research and treatment in our local community.
The Relay For Life movement was founded in 1985 by Dr Gordy Klatt in Washington state, USA. Relay For Life unites communities across the globe to celebrate people who have been touched by cancer, remember loved ones lost, and take action for lifesaving change. Symbolizing the battle waged around the clock by those facing cancer, the event lasts 24 hours and empowers communities to take a stand.
Teams will continuously walk around the Busan International Foreign School track for 24 hours in a demonstration of a community taking up the fight against cancer.
This is how it works:
- Relay participants are welcomed to the event including students, teachers and employees at Busan International Foreign School along with representatives from the Dongnam Institute of Radiological & Medical Sciences and other interested members of the community.
- The first lap of the event honours cancer survivors and their carers.
- The whole community joins in for the second lap of the track.
- Team members take turns walking throughout the 24-hour event to symbolize the ongoing fight against cancer.
- After sunset, candles are lit to remember those who have been lost to cancer, celebrate the survivors and show those affected by cancer that they are not alone.
- Throughout the night, music plays and the walking continues.
- After 24 hours there is a celebration and closing event.
In addition to the support of the Busan International Foreign School community, we hope Relay For Life will be supported by many local businesses and organizations. Join or donate to the Busan International School Global Relay For Life by visiting www.bifsgrfl.org
To learn more about the Relay For Life Movement visit www.relayforlife.org
Relay For Life is emblematic of the BIFS mission to connect teaching in the classroom with action in the community and is integral to the International Baccalaureate vision of teaching creative global citizenship. Busan International Foreign School is Busan’s leading international school, and the only Busan school offering the International Baccalaureate diploma, valued for its status as a gateway to the American Ivy League universities and other prestigious educational institutions around the world. BIFS is an IB Continuum School offering K-12 IB education.
If you would like to participate in this exciting event, please see the link
Each participant must complete an entry form.
We have 51 entries so far!
On the 4-5 June, ‘What the Book’ from Seoul are putting on a Book Fair at BIFS. Watch this space as more details come to hand!
Graduation Photos – many more to come!
The Term Ahead
Put these dates on your calendars.
20-21 April: KISAC South Badminton Jeju & KISAC South HS Soccer Jeju
23 April: Grade 12 Reports Sent Home
25 April: Last Day of Classes for Grade 12 Students
26 April: KISAC South MHS Track and Field
28 April: PTA International Day at BIFS
30 April: SKAC HS Futsal Finals @ HIS
2 May: Grade 12 IB World Exams Commence
11-12 May: KISAC South MS Basketball – Jeju
11 May: Grade 9 – 11 Career Fair
16 May: SKAC MS Bball @ BIFS (G) / BFS (B)
25 May: Grade 12 Graduation
1-8 June: Gr11 University Guidance Student-led Conferences
8-9 June: Global Relay For Life
8 June: Third Trimester Reports Sent Home(6-11)
11 June: MHS Sports Day
13 June: Last Day of School – students. Half Day schedule