Another College Acceptance
Can you please join with me in congratulating Chaeri Yoo on being offered a place at – King’s College, the University of London for Mathematics with Management & Finance.
IB Diploma Subject Choices – Current Grade 10 Students.
Well, it might seem like a long way off, but in reality, the current students in grade 10 will soon be deciding on their subject choices for the next academic year – 2018/19. While we are asking students to make decisions soon, there will be plenty of time and advice given to parents and students to enable everyone to make well-informed decisions. To that extent, the process will begin before the end of this term. We have scheduled the following events for the students in grade 10.
- Tuesday, December 5 – Overview to students of the IB Diploma requirements. Outline of alternate courses for students not undertaking the full IB DP.
- Tuesday, 12 December – Grade 10 students will be invited to spend time in the back of Grade 11 & 12 IB Diploma classes (Psychology, Economics, Music, Art, Maths)
- Tuesday, December 12 & Thursday, December 14 – College Counselor Presentations to students – General Information Session about College and Subject Choices. BridgeU and Self Assessment Tools.
Wednesday, January 10 – Grade 10 Parents and Students – IB Diploma Information Night. MHS Hall, 6.00-7.00pm.
- 11-18 January – Homeroom Sessions. Teachers will use Grade 10 homeroom time to discuss subject groups and the courses offered. This will help students make more informed choices.
- 11-18 January – Teacher Recommendations – teachers will recommend students for specific courses and levels, HL or SL. This information will be reviewed by the Head of Secondary, the counsellor and the DP coordinator.
- Friday, 19 January – Subject Survey sent to students and parents re subject offerings for 2018/19
- Tuesday, 30 January – Subject choice surveys due by this date.
- February(ongoing) – Meetings with Head of Secondary, DP Coordinator and/or Counselor to finalise subject choices for the coming academic year. Students are able to make changes to their initial choices throughout the remainder of this academic year.
Angel Tree of Giving
Parent Coffee Morning Encore
Dec.12, Tuesday 9 am
Assessment in the MYP
If you have a child currently undertaking the MYP, Grade 6-10, our MYP Coordinator, Ms Jenny Montague will be running the workshop on Tuesday, December 12, on how assessment works in the MYP. Please join Jenny in the MHS Library (C3.11) for the session. We will make a start at 9.00am and conclude at 10.00am.
Varsity Boys Volleyball – Jeju
SKAC HS Bball Divisionals @ GIFS
Climate Change and Human Migration Conference.
The Institute of Basic Science – Climate Change and Human MIgration Conference link HERE. As a school, we are lucky to have a very close relationship with the Institute of Basic Science(IBS). That close relationship afforded us the opportunity to attend their most recent conference on climate change and human migration. All students in grades 11 & 12 were invited to attend various sessions relevant to their studies. Accompanied by members of the teaching faculty grade 11 attended three sessions on Monday, while grade 12 attended a full day on Tuesday. Many of the sessions had direct links to the student’s studies in Biology, Chemistry, TOK and Physics.
Middle School Assembly – Learner Profile Awards
BIFS Community Choir
US Consul General Visits BIFS
We were lucky enough to have the US Consul General visit the school on Wednesday this week. She spent time with both staff and students in an open conversation about life in Korea and how the US Consul supports all US citizens living here.