Our school guidelines state that you should not send your child to school if he/she has:
- Fever: 37.8°C (100°F) or higher
- Cold: green or yellow drainage from nose or chest congestion and cough.
- Severe cough: persistent or uncontrolled
- Diarrhea/Vomiting: vomiting twice within 24 hours, persistent diarrhea.
- Rashes: present of a skin rash especially with other symptoms (fever, itching and bumps)
If your child becomes ill at school and the teacher or school nurse feels the child is too sick to learn or is contagious to other children, you will be called to come and take him/her home from school. Children recovering from sick should be able to go to school, as long as they are feeling okay.
You can help your kids stay healthy by teaching them these rules:
- Don’t share food or drinks.
- Don’t share clothing.
- Throw away used tissues.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water.
These guidelines are meant to serve the best interests of all the children and staff in our school.